Thursday, July 21, 2011

Trompe L'oeil in Fashion

So most mornings I get an email from Kate Spade.  I don't know why because I really don't buy a lot from her these days.  I do enjoy reading about what she is up to in her business and her designs have always been some of my favorites; simple, clever and practical.

This was in my inbox today:

Advertising her Trompe L'oeil Lace Dress.  
Adorable but not on me in my current physical state!  

This is the Postmaster bag!


So I guess even the fashion world loves a good surprise and dose of Trompe L'oeil!

Roberta di Camerino

Proenza Schouler, Louis Vuitton, Zac Posen

Sonia Rykiel

Neon Brunette

Darryl Hannah as Elle Driver in Kill Bill


Chanel 

My all time favorite...The Hermes Birkin on the decorative painter's budget!

1 comment:

  1. Those bags are so funny... and fit my budget, as well!

    I have also noticed trompe l'oeil popping up in the most unexpected places. And I am glad for the stencil companies with all of the patterns seen everywhere. Wonder what IDAL is like this week.

    ReplyDelete