Saturday, January 12, 2013

water color-y finishes




These walls have been my most recent obsession.  Thank you pinterest!  They are the work of Black Crow Studios and all of these pictures are via their blog.  Black Crow Studios is the brain child of Tracy Hiner.  I learned on her website that she has a classic art school background with a particular interest in textiles, which shows.  As a painter, when I look at interior photographs with interesting finishes the first thing I ask myself is what materials were used and how were they applied to the walls.  To me look like watercolor paintings painted directly on the walls(brilliant!). Of course I know(using watercolors on paper) given the scale of these walls would not be an easy task.  It turns out that Tracy makes a painting and either turns the original into a giclee print on canvas which are available for purchase here or ready to be applied like wallpaper.  She also does a lot of custom work which is probably the case for the above pictures.

Might be the freshest approach to a wall treatment that I have seen in a while.  These walls have consumed my mind so much that I am playing with some samples right now.  These are  some things in my life that are bringing me some inspiration:


My junky malachite papered lamp and Bridge House frame

End papers of Mary McDonald's book

Most recent Bridge House purchase

On the wall at The Shops at 2011

On my desk right now

No comments:

Post a Comment