Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello and Welcome to Inspired.Paint.Repeat.!


I am your hostess and also the owner of E. Lee Jahncke Fine Finishes, a decorative painting firm based in New Orleans also known as, The Crescent City, The Big Easy, and most importantly The Who Dat Nation. I was born and raised here. I have lived in a few other cities that have their charms and perks but no where else have I been more inspired in life and in work than here. I am a painter and artist by nature and that is how I approach things. I am inspired, I paint, I repeat.


As I wish everyday where so glamourous; endless inspiration and endless amounts of time to create. No, not really. I make a living by day as a decorative painter. What does that mean, do you ask? It means that I have some skills, a few specialty brushes and tools and a knowledge of color and materials. A client/designer may come to me with a problem like "My home in the French Quarter has cypress doors, moulding and trim original to the building. We are remodeling and are unable to locate the wood to mill more trim, can you paint the "new" trim to look like the old wood?" Yes, I can and that is(was) a dream job! Always looking for one of those.


So, I have been hemming and hawing about this blog for about a year, to do it or not to. Why? There are so many out there, and there are a lot of good ones. I tend to read the design related ones because as it is not my business directly, it is related to my business of decorative painting, I am interested in it and feel I should be reading about what experts have to say about the design field, and I should be aware of the "trends".


What I want to do in my blog is to show how, paint, color and finishes in general no matter how large/small, complicated/simple the project or budget can really make a space. I see this everyday in my work. I see the before, after and the process in between. It is really amazing to see what paint can do.









No comments:

Post a Comment