Thursday, March 3, 2011

In progress: Ceruse Me

So, I was hired to "ceruse" de-funkify  some bar cabinets and a built-in that were an eighty's pickling job gone wrong pink.

Ceruse en français means "white lead paint".  This refers to the french process of rubbing white lead paint into the pores of oak, this leaves the pores white and the rest of the wood light.  Quite a hot look these days that conveniently does not yellow or pink after 20 years if done correctly.

Close up: Cerused oak

Bar cabinets and drawers, Before
Disclaimer: Please excuse the terrible Iphone photo.

Bar Cabinets from another angle, Before

Living room built in, Before

Initially I was not going to post this job.  I thought...it is not my most exciting project and the difference(when completed) is so subtle, I was not sure that would translate via photo and blog!  I  changed my mind because what is soon to come in that little bar was pretty amazing, if I do say so myself.  Stay tuned for more...


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see, E. Lee! I have not heard of this technique and I am excited about seeing how you use it. I guess I've seen it, but didn't know the proper term!

    xoxo,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it! I'm glad you posted the project, too. :)

    ReplyDelete